Recently i was tagged by the wonderful lauraB, and so i am now going to share with you 7 random facts about me. Here goes;
1. i love living at the mouth of the Tay river.
2. sometimes i look after my friend's dog for her.
3. i love Neil Diamond, but then why wouldn't i?
4. there are only 4 days between my birthday and my brother's and when i was 9 and he was 8 we got a joint birthday cake in the shape of a grandfather clock. The hands were pointing to 8 and 9, we were thrilled.
5. The list is enormous, but my really, truly, favourite illustrator is Christian Birmingham.
6. i have way, way too many Christmas decorations, (10 boxes) and yet still i'm tempted to buy more!!!!
This week seems to be turning into a Yellow/Orange kind of week. Whether it's home-made apple jelly, a roll of embroidery thread i found in a charity shop, perfect for finishing a project i'm working on of a lovely, yummy cake brought round by a freind to accompany our gossip session!
What about you what colour of week are you having?
One day this week i got a copy of a gift catalogue through the post and after drooling over the many lovely items in it i began to wonder how it compared with Etsy. After looking up similar items on Etsy it became apparent that not only could you buy something very similar but hand made on Etsy but often the price was considerably lower.
I don't want to mention the name of the company since
i really do enjoy their products too,
but i though it would make some interesting comparisons, clearly the items are not exact matches, (that would be odd!)
but still, you get the idea.
(The images on the left are from the catalogue and the one on the right are from etsy shops).
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Galileo
I don't own a cell phone or a pager. I just hang around everyone I know, all the time. If someone wants to get a hold of me, they just say 'Mitch,' and I say 'what?' and turn my head slightly. - Mitch Hedberg
Books to the ceiling,/ Books to the sky,/ My pile of books is a mile high./ How I love them! How I need them!/ I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. - Arnold Lobel
"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." Arrigo Boito
I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart. - ee Cummings
I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an escalator temporarily out of order sign, only an escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience. -Mitch Hedberg
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put. -Winston Churchill